Overbey, Hawkins & Wright, PLLC
1.800.201.9987 (Toll-Free)

Am I entitled to a rental car after an accident?

If your car is damaged in an accident caused by an at-fault driver, you are entitled to a rental car as part of your claim. The insurance carrier must pay for the rental car for a reasonable period of time, usually the amount of time necessary to repair your vehicle.

The rental car must be reasonably comparable to your damaged car. If you were driving a Toyota, you cannot expect the insurance company to provide a Mercedes. By the same token, if you had an SUV, you should demand more than a subcompact rental car. Contact us, Overbey, Hawkins & Wright, for help.